Sunday, September 19, 2010

2NE1: New Music, New Look!

Makeover! The girls pose for the cover of their new album "To Anyone"
       Ladies and gentlemen, 2NE1 is back and they're flier than ever! The all female Korean group released their album "To Anyone" September 9 and they are flying up the American and Canadian iTunes charts, placing in the top three* they haven't even toured North America yet! I can't really speak about the album quality (since I don't know Korean) but a lot of sites are giving the new album great reviews. From what I've heard so far, I must say that this album has a different sound than their first one. There is a lot of auto tune - something I had to get used to- and more of CL and Minzy rapping. Profanity is used in some of the songs, but the group still manages to keep up the great music their fans have grown to love. CL also throws a little humor in with a line from Go Away saying "Fiancé? Beyonce! I’m walkin’ out of destiny" using the reference to refer to a relationship. Videos for their songs "Can't Nobody", "Clap Your Hands", and "Go Away"can be seen on Youtube, (or my play list on the right)  while another for "It Hurts(Slow)" will be revealed soon. My favorite songs so far are "Can't Nobody" and "Clap" which reminds me of "Fire" from their first album.
 

 New Look
Along with a brand new sound the group is premiering a new style and you have to admit that they've changed a lot! All of the ladies have under gone a makeover and are rocking bolder edgier styles than before. So far I like all the looks and think the girls look great, especially CL. I promise I had no idea who she was when I saw her. I thought she was Dara or Bom, but I must say that she looks great with her blond hair. She's also getting more attention from the cameras than before and dressing in more form fitting feminine styles. Just check out anyone of their new videos to see her new wardrobe and hair. Her attitude seems to be a bit more "I'm too fly for you" or is that just me? Lovin it either way!
Minzy's (Minji's) hair has grown, and she has noticeable extensions in their new video. She still has her bangs which we know and love her for. Her hair has changed from a pretty red to a rich black. I personally like this look better than   the previous style she had before. She looks more natural and the contrast between her fair skin and dark hair bring more attention to her face. She is also seen wearing blue contacts.  Like the others, Minzy's style has gotten a lot sexier too- a bit too sexy for a sixteen-year-old. This is especially true in the "Can't Nobody" music video were she wears a tight revealing piece and does some suggestive dancing. I understand that Minzy is in a group with older females and if the whole group gets a makeover,she should too, but the clothes she's wearing look a bit ridiculous. Not to mention she doesn't seem to comfortable wearing some of the styles and is it me, or those she need a bit more practice in heels. Don't get me wrong, I love Minzy, she's my favorite in the group, but that's why I'm disappointed in some aspects of  her wardrobe. If the manager or the PR consultant wanted to give the girls a new look, he/she should have done so with the youngest member's age in mind. Other than that, I love Minzy's look, style, and her as artist in general.
She looks like Michlle Phan!


Bom (right) is rocking a fierce red do and bangs. I like the new color on her. It's dark enough not to damage your eyes yet rich enough to subtly demand attention from everybody. Bom always seems to be in the background compared to the other artist . She's always singing the hooks or the chorus and I think they should give her more spotlight. She has great singing abilities and should be considered more than just a pretty face.

  Dara's makeover isn't as bold as the others are. Truthfully, I didn't even know she had done anything different , but she has a warm brown color in her hair that compliments her skin nicely and the  braided look is gone. I like this look on her, although I think that she really needed a makeover- she's pretty the way she is. I also love her street look in Clap You Hands, she looks so unbelievable gangster.
Upgrade!


   I love most of the new styles the girls are wearing, although some of them should tone the look down. The blond is working on CL and  doesn't to get Minzy's spiked jacket!
  To get more info on the group and to see sneak previews of their music and videos, join their fan page on Facebook.  You can also buy their album on iTunes

*I'd also like to point out the fact that Christian rappers Lecrae and TripLee are on the list*

I do not own 2NE1, their albums, or any of that other stuff. I just really like the music. Photos taken from this site unless noted otherwise. ~Kay?:D
~ Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment