Monday, June 24, 2013

Teddy Musings: Kara Biases

I'll admit that I can be shallow as hell when I'm picking biases. That doesn't mean I don't support a group if I think the members are average looking, I just choose the members that stand out to me and tag them as my biases. Is that so wrong? Either way, here are my top three biases from Kara and my explanations for choosing them.

Nicole


Nicole is my all around bias. She has the beauty, voice, and talent that could easily land her a solo career if she wanted. I immediately was pulled to Nicole because she was the only one who spoke fluent English. I found lots of clips of her TV show "Nicole goes to College" (but never the full things!) and loved how honest she was. She's still my favorite member, followed closely by Goo Hara. 


Goo Hara
The first thing you notice when you see Goo Hara is how pretty she is. She is the face of Kara. Of course her girlish charm and big, bright eyes drew me in from the get go (how can her eyes be so huge?). Whether she credits her mama or her plastic surgeon for those good looks, I still claim that Goo hara is the prettiest member of Kara, albeit the least vocally talented.


Gyuri


Gyuri has some of the best vocals in the group. I only started paying ore attention to her after the threat of Kara being disbanded. During that time, she was the only Kara member who didn't sue the label, causing many to speculate that she wasn't as close to the other girls as they had originally thought. This rumor was fueled even more when the group won their first award after their come back STEP and Hara seemed to be disconnected from the rest of the group. I've felt like an outsider for lots of reasons- being black, nerdy, and a lover of Asian culture doesn't really make you popular in high school-so I know how Hara felt to be singled out and excluded from people who you have see and work with all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment