Wednesday, January 11, 2012

T-are Turns into Zombies in their second Lovey Dovey MV

Finally, we get the Zombie version of T-ara's "Lovey Dovey". I've been curious as to how they'd introduce the zombie theme for a while and now my and now my questions have been answered. Instead of doing the usual summary of the video, I wanted to do a play by play instead. So enjoy the video below and read my comments after.




0:01-1:25 The opening could have been a bit more suspenseful if you ask me. I was halfway expecting Im Soo Hwang to start advertising the lipstick she was putting on, and the thousands of camera angles threw me off. I also love how the blood magically spelled out the video information. I would have done it differently if I were a director.

 1:30 I want their clothes ....


2:14-2:30 Korea must have the stealthiest zombies in the world. I've never seen blood suckers take so many people out so swift and silently.

3:04 Aww isn't he cute! lol

3:17 I love how the girls are being true professionals and performing for the crowd - even if all they want to do is eat them. The ladies don't even look scared when the zombies break through the gate and start coming for them. In fact, they don't even break their formation at all! (4:47)

5:00 What the-!? I thought they'd turn into zombies, not mimes.

 6:40  How the heck is she still alive? Didn't she die first? So why is she still all "I'm pretty and I know it" and not ghoul ugly by now?

6:43 Another Michael Jackson tribute. Although, it took me a minute (and a rewind) to catch that she was wearing contacts. In other words, she did turn. Somehow her amazing genes just prevented her for turning ugly or going mime.

 The girls look amazing as always. Their club outfits are so cute -I'd gladly trade with them any day- but what happened to them when they became zombies. They don't look threatening at all. Instead they look like a bunch of mimes who some how ended up in the club filled with the undead. Look closely at their clothes and you can see the group is wearing shiny silver socks in homage to the late King of pop.  I will be trying my best to master the 360 degree shuffle dance. This is only the second of multiple music videos for the song, which makes me wonder what are the themes for the remaining five videos are going to be.

To wrap it up, this was more for humor than anything. It isn't something you'd compare to Thriller, althugh it is catchy- all be it depressing- song. What do you think of the MV? Could T-ARA have done better?

PS: As I told you all before, Co-Ed members can be seen in the crowd as flesh eating zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment